Our Impact: Assembly of Bishops
The Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America is one of numerous bishops’ assemblies that have been established in different geographical regions throughout the world. It is made up of all of the active, canonical Orthodox bishops of the United States, of every jurisdiction.
OMS services for the Assembly of Bishops include:
- Initiated the formation of a task force of medical, legal, and pastoral leaders to assist the Assembly in its response to COVID-19.
- Spearheaded the creation of a COVID-19 Resource Center for Orthodox Christians and funded the ongoing maintenance of the Resource Center.
- Leading the development of a mobile application to survey Orthodox clergy.
- Participation in and assistance for the Legal Matters Committee of the Assembly.
- Regular communications with primates, other hierarchs, and Assembly staff to provide advice and assistance.